Professional and Highly Experienced Instructors
All water jetting courses are City & Guilds-accredited and delivered via registered training providers by WJA-approved water jetting training instructors.
Course content is regularly updated in line with technological advances and changes to safety and regulatory requirements, so trainees and their employers can be certain they are receiving the best possible instruction.Search Registered Instructors JOIN THE WJA
Water Jetting Safety Awareness
Our entry-level course is Water Jetting Safety Awareness. This is a mandatory one-day class-based course covering all main areas of water jetting operation and safety, including types of water jetting, water pressure and flow rates, risk assessment, and the use of safety clothing.
The Safety Awareness course on its own is non-operational, To become operational you will be required to sit one of the WJA module courses.
At the end of the course, delegates must pass a 20-question multiple choice questionnaire. The Water Jetting Safety Awareness course must be retaken every three years to retain registration with the WJA.
We strongly recommend that operatives should combine the Water Jetting Safety Awareness course with a relevant practical course to obtain the most thorough instruction in safe and effective water jetting.
Should your card be expiring soon, please click here to book your course.Contact Training Providers
Practical Water Jetting Training
If the Water Jetting Safety Awareness course is successfully completed, candidates can learn hands-on skills by attending specific training courses that include practical instruction.
- Drain and Sewer Cleaning (half day)
- Surface Preparation (half day)
- Tube and Pipe Cleaning (half day)
- Hydrodemolition (full day)
- We also offer a standalone full day Pressure Washing course.
Benefits of WJA Training
Benefits for operatives:
- Successful candidates are registered with the WJA international database.
- Successful candidates are issued with a certificate and a WJA photo-ID card, detailing courses passed.
- WJA water jetting training is recognised by employers and is required by many contractors.
Benefits for employers:
- WJA training sets a benchmark for skills and operational standards
- It supports safe, productive and sustainable water jetting practice
- It supports workforce development and key operative retention
- It provides quality assurance for prospective customers.
Who Should Attend
New or inexperienced operators of water jetting equipment.
Experienced operators who have not had previous training and who need to improve their knowledge and skills.
Experienced operators who require re-training (refresher) due to changes in equipment
specification or legislation.
Managers and supervisors who are responsible for water jetting personnel Health and Safety managers
Client-side contract or operational managers who obtain the services of water jetting specialists.Join the WJA